Taking a vacation to Costa Rica doesn’t mean your workout routine needs to be put on pause. Eating and drinking habits may be slightly different than usual when you’re in a different environment, so factor in balancing relaxation with physical challenges. Costa Rica is also known for its abundance of thrilling outdoor activities with miles of jungle trails and beaches. Don’t forget to pack your running shoes! Healthy, fresh and locally sourced foods are a staple at our restaurants and resorts though, so no need to worry about that.
Casa Chameleon offers plenty of options for getting your heart-rate up both around and within our resorts. Wellness is a priority here and we even offer private yoga and fitness classes that can be tailored just for you. Get in touch with us to arrange personalized classes during your stay. If you have a favorite routine already, we are happy to provide hand weights and yoga mats in each of our villas.
Looking for some motivation? We’ve discovered a few tips for planning your workouts while you visit Casa Chameleon.
- First thing in the morning is a great time to sweat, while it’s still cool out and you haven’t been lured into having a cocktail yet.
- Another great idea is to stream or download your favorite workout online or try a new one, so you have someone to coach you through.
- You can also stay motivated with a fitness tracker like a FitBit or Apple Watch to keep tabs on your levels of activity or get those thousands of steps in on your long beach walk.
- There’s an array of outdoor cardio choices right at your fingertips. Choose from surfing, SUP, swimming, hiking, mountain biking or jogging the beach.
Just remember to factor in some recovery time. Sitting on a long flight, sleeping in a different bed or trying new activities like surfing might make booking a spa massage a good idea to relieve any sore muscles. And don’t forget to stretch – yoga is easy to do anywhere. Immerse yourself in nature and take advantage of the fresh air on your own patio with one of our complimentary yoga mats. Finding Zen is easy in the tropical sun with the music of birds and floral jungle aromas to soothe you.
Green initiatives are also important to us so the spectacular local flora and fauna is treated with the utmost respect. We recycle, use nontoxic cleaning products, energy efficient lighting, adopt water conservation practices, provide adjustable room temperature controls and offer organic local bath products to reduce the impact on our beautiful surroundings.
Join us in tropical paradise where the ocean, jungle or resort can be your gym so you are able to enjoy a Blue Zone Daiquiri or two by the pool at the end of the day!
Here’s a sample Villa Workout routine that we’re happy to share:
- 5 min warmup (jumping jacks or high knee jog on the spot)
- 10-15 bodyweight squats (with dumbbells for extra weight)
- 8-12 push-ups (use your knees if you need to modify)
- 20-30-second abdominal bicycle kicks
- 20 mountain climbers
- 12 lunges per leg (with dumbbells for extra weight)
- 15-30 second plank
- 15 bicep curls per arm
- No rest between exercises, 1minute rest between sets, repeat for 4 rounds